John Wiley & Sons, 1996 - 775 pages
Schwager on Futures Technical Analysis Jack Schwager is one of themost important and visible figures in the futures industry today.His Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards are two of thebestselling finance titles of all time. Now, in the latest volumein the Schwager on Futures series, Technical Analysis, Schwager hascreated the most comprehensive guide ever for using technicalanalysis for futures trading. What makes Technical Analysis unique,besides its in-depth coverage, is that it is written from atrader's perspective. Schwager doesn't merely cover the subject, heexplores what works and doesn't work in the real world oftrading.
* Contains a comprehensive guide to chart analysis written with aparticular focus on trading applications
* Includes a separate 200+ page section illustrating the use ofchart analysis in the real world
* Details and illustrates several original trading systems
* Includes a self-contained primer on cyclical analysis
* Describes popular oscillators, the pitfalls in their common use,and guidelines to their successful application in trading
* Explains the concept and use of "continuous futures"and compares10-year continuous futures charts with conventional nearest futurescharts for all major U.S. futures markets
* Contains a section on trading strategy and philosophy, includingover 100 trading tips
Hundreds of charts, tables, and examples illustrate key pointsthroughout, while the text is written in the informative,insightful, and nontechnical style that has made Jack Schwager oneof the most highly regarded and bestselling investment authorsever. This invaluable book by one of the world's foremostauthorities is destined to become the premier industry guide ontechnical analysis for many years to come.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Technical AnalysisUser Review - David Robins - Goodreads
Excellent book on trading (primarily futures-oriented and not much on intraday, but generally applicable), with a nice collection of real world chart analyses (bar, not candle, unfortunately). Read full review
Thetradeidea.com offers the best stock charts and a community of investors who are passionate about sharing trading ideas, Free Technical Analysis and Trade Signals.
Forecasting Tool or Folklore?
Types of Charts
Support and Resistance
Is Chart Analysis Still Valid?
Midtrend Entry and Pyramiding
RealWorld Chart Analysis
Oscillators by Thomas A Bierovic
Cycle Analysis of the Futures Markets
Examples of Original Trading Systems
Selecting the Best Futures Price Series
Testing and Optimizing Trading Systems
Measuring Trading Performance
Choosing StopLoss Points
Setting Objectives and Other Position Exit Criteria
The Most Important Rule in Chart Analysis
An Introduction to Japanese Candlestick Charts
The Planned Trading Approach
EightyTwo Trading Rules and Market Observations