John Wiley & Sons, 1996 - 775 pages
Schwager on Futures Technical Analysis Jack Schwager is one of the most important and visible figures in the futures industry today. His Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards are two of the bestselling finance titles of all time. Now, in the latest volume in the Schwager on Futures series, Technical Analysis, Schwager has created the most comprehensive guide ever for using technical analysis for futures trading. What makes Technical Analysis unique, besides its in-depth coverage, is that it is written from a trader's perspective. Schwager doesn't merely cover the subject, he explores what works and doesn't work in the real world of trading.
* Contains a comprehensive guide to chart analysis written with a particular focus on trading applications
* Includes a separate 200+ page section illustrating the use of chart analysis in the real world
* Details and illustrates several original trading systems
* Includes a self-contained primer on cyclical analysis
* Describes popular oscillators, the pitfalls in their common use, and guidelines to their successful application in trading
* Explains the concept and use of "continuous futures"and compares 10-year continuous futures charts with conventional nearest futures charts for all major U.S. futures markets
* Contains a section on trading strategy and philosophy, including over 100 trading tips
Hundreds of charts, tables, and examples illustrate key points throughout, while the text is written in the informative, insightful, and nontechnical style that has made Jack Schwager one of the most highly regarded and bestselling investment authors ever. This invaluable book by one of the world's foremost authorities is destined to become the premier industry guide on technical analysis for many years to come.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Technical AnalysisUser Review - David Robins - Goodreads
Excellent book on trading (primarily futures-oriented and not much on intraday, but generally applicable), with a nice collection of real world chart analyses (bar, not candle, unfortunately). Read full review
Thetradeidea.com offers the best stock charts and a community of investors who are passionate about sharing trading ideas, Free Technical Analysis and Trade Signals.
Forecasting Tool or Folklore?
Types of Charts
Support and Resistance
Is Chart Analysis Still Valid?
Midtrend Entry and Pyramiding
RealWorld Chart Analysis
Oscillators by Thomas A Bierovic
Cycle Analysis of the Futures Markets
Examples of Original Trading Systems
Selecting the Best Futures Price Series
Testing and Optimizing Trading Systems
Measuring Trading Performance
Choosing StopLoss Points
Setting Objectives and Other Position Exit Criteria
The Most Important Rule in Chart Analysis
An Introduction to Japanese Candlestick Charts
The Planned Trading Approach
EightyTwo Trading Rules and Market Observations