« AnteriorContinuar »
ter) in connection with a transaction specified in paragraph (a) of Rule 145 ($ 230.145 of this chapter). (1)
The undersigned registrant hereby undertakes as follows: That prior to any public reoffering of the securities registered hereunder through use of a prospectus which is a part of this registration statement, by any person or party who is deemed to be an underwriter within the meaning of Rule 145(c), the issuer undertakes that such reoffering prospectus will contain the information called for by the applicable registration form with respect to reofferings by persons who may be deemed underwriters, in addition to the information called for by the other Items of the applicable form.
(2) The registrant undertakes that every prospectus (i) that is filed pursuant to paragraph (h)(1) immediately preceding, or (ii) that purports to meet the requirements of section 10(a)(3) of the Act and is used in connection with an offering of securities subject to Rule 415 ($ 230.415 of this chapter), will be filed as a part of an amendment to the registration statement and will not be used until such amendment is effective, and that, for purposes of determining any liability under the Securities Act of 1933, each such post-effective amendment shall be deemed to be a new registration statement relating to the securities offered therein, and the offering of such securities at that time shall be deemed to be the initial bona fide offering thereof.
(i) Acceleration of effectiveness. Include the following if any acceleration is requested of the effective date of the registration statement pursuant to Rule 461 under the Securities Act ($ 230.461 of this chapter), and
(1) Any provision or arrangement exists whereby the registrant may indemnify a director, officer or controlling person of the registrant against liabilities arising under the Securities Act, or
(2) The underwriting agreement contains a provision whereby the registrant indemnifies the underwriter or controlling persons of the underwriter against such liabilities and a director, officer or controlling person of the
registrant is such an underwriter or controlling person thereof or a member of any firm which is such an underwriter, and
(3) The benefits of such indemnification are not waived by such persons:
Insofar as indemnification for liabilities arising under the Securities Act of 1933 may be permitted to directors, officers and controlling persons of the registrant pursuant to the foregoing provisions, or otherwise, the registrant has been advised that in the opinion of the Securities and Exchange Commission such indemnification is against public policy as expressed in the Act and is, therefore, unenforceable. In the event that a claim for indemnification against such liabilities (other than the payment by the registrant of expenses incurred or paid by a director, officer or controlling person of the registrant in the successful defense of any action, suit or proceeding) is asserted by such director, officer or controlling person in connection with the securities being registered, the registrant will, unless in the opinion of its counsel the matter has been settled by controlling precedent, submit to a court of appropriate jurisdiction the question whether such indemnification by it is against public policy as expressed in the Act and will be governed by the final adjudication of such issue. (Secs. 6, 7, 8, 10, 19(a), 48 Stat. 78, 79, 81, 85; secs. 205, 209, 48 Stat. 906, 908; sec. 301, 54 Stat. 857; sec. 8, 68 Stat. 685; sec. 1, 79 Stat. 1051; sec. 308(a)(2), 90 Stat. 57; secs. 12, 13, 15(d), 23(a), 48 Stat. 892, 894, 895, 901; secs. 1, 3, 8, 49 Stat. 1375, 1377, 1379; sec. 203(a), 49 Stat. 704; sec. 202, 68 Stat. 686; secs. 3, 4, 6, 78 Stat. 565-568, 569, 570-574; secs. 1, 2, 82 Stat. 454; sec. 28(c), 84 Stat. 1435; secs. 1, 2, 84 Stat. 1497; sec. 105(b), 88 Stat. 1503; secs. 8, 9, 10, 18, 89 Stat. 117, 118, 119, 155; sec. 308(b), 90 Stat. 57; secs. 202, 203, 204, 91 Stat. 1494, 1498, 1499, 1500; secs. 8 30, 31(c), 38(a), 54 Stat. 803, 836, 838, 841; 74 Stat. 201; 84 Stat. 1415; 15 U.S.C. 77f, 77g, 77h, 773, 77s(a), 781, 78m, 780(d), 78w(a), 80a-8, 80a-29, 80a-30(c), 80a-37(a)) (47 FR 11401, Mar. 16, 1982, as amended at 47 FR 39803, Sept. 10, 1982; 47 FR 54769, Dec. 6, 1982)
8 229.601 (Item 601) Exhibits.
(a) Exhibits and index required. (1) Subject to Rule 411(c) ($ 230.411(c) of this chapter) under the Securities Act and Rule 12b-32 ($ 240.12b-32 of this chapter) under the Exchange Act regarding incorporation of exhibits by
reference, the exhibits required by in the exhibit table shall be filed as indicated, as part of the registration statement or report.
(2) Each registration statement or report shall contain an exhibit index, which shall precede immediately the exhibits filed with such registration statement. For convenient reference, each exhibit shall be listed in the exhibit index according to the number assigned to it in the exhibit table. The exhibit index shall indicate, by handwritten, typed, printed, or other legible form of notation in the manually signed original registration statement or report, the page number in the sequential numbering system where such exhibit can be found. Where exhibits are incorporated by reference, this fact shall be noted in the exhibit index referred to in the preceding sentence. Further, the first page of the manually signed registration statement shall list the page in the filing where the exhibit index is located. For a description of each of the exhibits included in the exhibit table, see paragraph (b) of this section.
(3) This Item applies only to the forms specified in the exhibit table. With regard to forms not listed in that table, reference shall be made to the appropriate form for the specific exhibit filing requirements applicable thereto.
Instructions to Item 601. 1. If an exhibit to a registration statement (other than an opinion or consent), filed in preliminary form, has been changed only (A) to insert information as to interest, dividend or conversion rates, redemption or conversion prices, purchase or offering prices, underwriters' or dealers' commission, names, addresses or participation of underwriters or similar matters, which information appears
elsewhere in an amendment to the registration statement, or (B) to correct typographical errors, insert signatures or make other similar immaterial changes, then, notwithstanding any contrary requirement of any rule or form, the registrant need not refile such exhibit as so amended; provided the registrant states in the amendment to the registration statement the basis provided by this Instruction for not refiling such exhibit. Any such incomplete exhibit may not, however, be incorporated by reference in any subsequent filing under any Act admin. istered by the Commission.
2. In any case where two or more indentures, contracts, franchises, or other documents required to be filed as exhibits are substantially identical in all material respects except as to the parties thereto, the dates of execution, or other details, the reg. istrant need file a copy of only one of such documents, with a schedule identifying the other documents omitted and setting forth the material details in which such documents differ from the document a copy of which is filed. The Commission may at any time in its discretion require filing of copies of any documents so omitted.
3. Only copies, rather than originals, need be filed of each exhibit required except as otherwise specifically noted.
Instructions to the Exhibit Table. 1. The exhibit table indicates those documents that must be filed as exhibits to the respective forms listed.
2. The “X” designation indicates the documents which are required to be filed with each form even if filed previously with another document, Provided, However, that such previously filed documents may be incorporated by reference to satisfy the filing requirements.
3. The number used in the far left column of the table refers to the appropriate subsection in paragraph (b) where a description of the exhibit can be found. Whenever necessary, alphabetical or numerical subparts may be used.
(24) Consents of experts and coun
nished to state insurance regula-
? Where incorporated by reference into the test of the prospectus as permitted by the registration statement. 2 Where incorporated by reference into a previously filed Securities Act registration statement.
(4) Instruments defining the rights of security holders, including identures. (i) All instruments defining the rights of holders of the equity or debt securities being registered including, where applicable, the relevant portion of the articles of incorporation or bylaws of the registrant.
(ii) Except as set forth in paragraph (b)(4)(iii) of this section, for filings on Forms S-1, S-11, and S-14 under the Securities Act ($ $ 239.11, 239.18 and 239.23 of this chapter) and Forms 10 and 10-K under 'the Exchange Act ($ $ 249.210 and 249.310 of this chapter) all instruments defining the rights of holders of long-term debt of the registrant and its consolidated subsidiaries and for any of its unconsolidated subsidiaries for which financial statements are required to be filed.
(iii) Where the instrument defines the rights of holders of long-term debt of the registrant and its consolidated subsidiaries and for any of its unconsolidated subsidiaries for which financial statements are required to be filed, there need not be filed:
(A) Any instrument with respect to long-term debt not being registered if the total amount of securities authorized thereunder does not exceed 10 percent of the total assets of the registrant and its subsidiaries on a consolidated basis and if there is filed an agreement to furnish a copy of such agreement to the Commission upon request;
(B) Any instrument with respect to any class of securities if appropriate steps to assure the redemption or retirement of such class will be taken prior to or upon delivery by the registrant of the securities being registered; or
(C) Copies of instruments evidencing scrip certificates for fractions of shares.
(iv) If any of the securities being registered are, or will be, issued under an indenture to be qualified under the Trust Indenture Act, the copy of such indenture which is filed as an exhibit shall include or be accompanied by:
(A) A reasonably itemized and informative table of contents; and
(B) A cross-reference sheet showing the location in the indenture of the provisions inserted pursuant to sec
(b) Description of exhibits. Set forth below is a description of each document listed in the exhibit tables.
(1) Underwriting agreement. Each underwriting contract or agreement with a principal underwriter pursuant to which the securities being registered are to be distributed; if the terms of such documents have not been determined, the proposed forms thereof. Such agreement may be filed as an exhibit to a report on Form 8-K ($ 249.308 of this chapter) which is incorporated by reference into a registration statement subsequent to its effectiveness.
(2) Plan of acquisition, reorganization, arrangement, liquidation or succession. Any material plan of acquisition, disposition, reorganization, readjustment, succession, liquidation or arrangement and any amendments thereto described in the statement or report. Schedules (or similar attachments) to these exhibits shall not be filed unless such schedules contain information which is material to an investment decision and which is not otherwise disclosed in the agreement or the disclosure document. The plan filed shall contain a list briefly identifying the contents of all omitted schedules, together with an agreement to furnish supplementally a copy of any omitted schedule to the Commission upon request.
(3) Articles of incorporation and bylaws. The articles of incorporation and by-laws of the registrant or instruments corresponding thereto as currently in effect and any amendments thereto. Whenever amendments to the articles or by-laws of the registrant are filed, there shall also be filed a complete copy of the articles or by-laws as amended. Where it is impracticable for the registrant to file a charter amendment authorizing new securities with the appropriate state authority prior to the effective date of the registration statement registering such securities, the registrant may file as an exhibit to the registration statement the form of amendment to be filed with the state authority; and in such a case, if material changes are made after the copy is filed, the registrant must also file the changed copy.