« AnteriorContinuar »
90. An Act to empower His Majesty to retain upon Full Pay and Allowances Officers of the Militia during the War, notwithstanding the Reduction.
Page 194 91. An Act for appointing additional Commissioners for the better examining and auditing certain of the Public Accounts of Great Britain. Ibid.
92. An Act to amend Two Acts of the Thirteenth and Forty fourth Years of His present Majesty, for the more effectual Execution of the Criminal Laws, and more easy apprehending and bringing to Trial Offenders escaping from One Part of the United Kingdom to the other, and from One County to another. 196
93. An Act to amend Two Acts, passed in the Forty third and Forty fifth Years of His present Majesty, for regulating the Drawbacks and Bounties on the Exportation of Sugar from Great Britain.
94. An Act for reducing the Duty of Excise on Hops the Growth of Great Britain.
95. An Act to amend so much of an Act of the Forty third Year of His present Majesty, for consolidating certain of the Provisions of the Acts relating to the Duties in Scotland under the Management of the Commissioners for the Affairs of Taxes, as relates to the Appointment of Assessors and Sub Collectors, and the Notices required to be delivered to Persons assessed to the said Duties. 202
96. An Act for continuing the Premiums allowed to Ships employed in the Southern Whale Fishery. 204 97. An Act to indemnify all Persons who have been concerned in issuing an Order of Council and Directions for extending the Time of certain Ships continuing to perform Quarantine. Ibid. 98. An Act for increasing the Drawback on Linens exported from Great Britain to the West Indies. Ibid. 99. An Act for regulating and encouraging the Trade, for the Improvement of the Revenue, and Prevention of Smuggling to and from the Isle of Man. Ibid. 100. An Act for better regulating the distilling of Spirits in England for Exportation to Scotland, and in Scotland for Exportation to England; for the better securing the Duties payable thereon; and for altering the Time of making Entry, and granting Licences to distil Spirits for Scotland. 212 101. An Act to repeal so much of an Act, passed in the Ninth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Second, intituled An Act to restrain the Disposition of Lands, whereby the same become unalienable, as restrains Colleges within the Two Universities of Oxford and Cambridge from purchasing or holding Advowsons, except as therein is provided. 219 102. An Act to revive and continue an Act made in the Thirty first Year of His present Majesty, intituled An Act for the Encouragement of the Pilchard Fishery, by allowing a further Bounty upon Pilchards taken, cured and exported.
103. An Act for charging additional Duties of Customs on Straw Platting, and on Straw Hats or Bonnets, imported into Great Britain.
104. An Act to continue, until the Twenty ninth Day of Sep-
110. An Act for exempting from the Duties on Profits arising from Property, the First Half Yearly Dividends or Annuities, under an Act of the present Session, for raising the Sum of One million five hundred thousand Pounds by way of Annuities, for the Service of Ireland, which shall not have been written into the Books of the Bank of England. Ibid. 111. An Act to amend and render more effectual an Act made in the Parliament of Ireland in the Fifth Year of His present Majesty, intituled An Act for erecting and establishing Public Infirmaries or Hospitals in this Kingdom. 112. An Act to appoint Commissioners to enquire and examine into any Irregularities or Abuses which may have taken place in conducting and managing the paving, cleansing and lighting the Streets of Dublin; and to provide for the Suspension of the Powers and Authorities of the Corporation of Directors and Commissioners for paving, cleansing and lighting the said Streets, and for vesting the same in other Persons during such Suspension; and for the better conducting and managing the Business of the said Corporation.
113. An Act for granting a certain Sum of Money towards improving the Harbour on the North Side of the Hill of Howth near Dublin, and rendering it a fit Situation for His Majesty's Packets. Ibid. 114. An Act for enabling the Commissioners of the Treasury of Great Britain, to advance a certain Sum of Money to the Lord Provost, Magistrates and Council of the City of Edinburgh, towards the Completion of the Docks and other Works in the Harbour of Leith. Ibid.
115. An Act for purchasing certain Buildings and Ground in or near Palace Yard, Westminster, for the Use of the Public.
Page 237 116. An Act for enabling His Majesty to grant a certain Creek, called Chelson Bay, otherwise Shilston Bay, in or near the Parish of Plympton Saint Mary, in the County of Devon; and for vesting the same, for a valuable Consideration, in the Right Honourable John Lord Boringdon, and his Heirs. 238 117. An Act to continue the Proceedings in the House of Lords touching the Conduct of Luke Fox Esquire, One of the Judges of the Court of Common Pleas of that Part of the United Kingdom called Ireland, notwithstanding any Prorogation or Dissolution of Parliament. Ibid. 118. An Act for raising the Sum of Eight Millions, by Loans or Exchequer Bills, for the Service of Great Britain for the Year One thousand eight hundred and five. Ibid. 119. An Act for raising the Sum of Two millions five hundred thousand Pounds, by Loans or Exchequer Bills, for the Service. of Great Britain for the Year One thousand eight hundred and five; and for indemnifying the Bank of England for having advanced Money for the Public Service on the Credit of certain Exchequer Bills.
120. An Act for raising the Sum of One million five hundred thousand Pounds, by Loans or Exchequer Bills, for the Service of Great Britain for the Year One thousand eight hundred and five. 239
121. An Act for the more effectual Prevention of Smuggling.
122. An Act for charging additional Duties on the Importation of
127. An Act to vest the Townleian Collection of Ancient Sculpture in the Trustees of the British Museum, for the Use of the Public. Page 258 128. An Act for allowing, under certain Restrictions, until the First Day of August One thousand eight hundred and six, the bringing a limited Quantity of Coals, Culm or Cinders to London and Westminster by Inland Navigation. 129. An Act for granting to His Majesty a certain Sum of Money out of the Consolidated Fund of Great Britain; and for applying certain Monies therein mentioned for the Service of Great Britain, for the Year One thousand eight hundred and five; and for further appropriating the Supplies granted in this Session of Parliament.
LOCAL AND PERSONAL ACTS,
TO BE JUDICIALLY NOTICED.
N Act to continue and amend an Act, passed in the Seventeenth Year of His present Majesty, for repairing the Road from the Town of Derby, through Ashborne, to Hurdloe House, in the County of Derby.
ii. An Act to indemnify all Persons employed in the Disposal of Coals in the Coal Market in the City of London, who have incurred Penalties under certain Provisions of an Act, made in the Forty third Year of His present Majesty, for establishing a free Market in the City of London for the Sale of Coals, and for preventing Frauds and Impositions in the Vend and Delivery of all Coals brought into the Port of London, within certain Places therein mentioned. Ibid. iii. An Act for repairing several Roads leading to and from the Town of Crewkerne, in the County of Somerset. 272 iv. An Act to enable the Company of Proprietors of the Canal Navigation from Manchester to Bolton and to Bury, to raise Money to complete the same.
v. An Act to enable the Company of Proprietors of the Surrey Iron Railway to raise a further Sum of Money, for completing the said Railway, and the Works thereunto belonging. Ibid. vi. An Act to enlarge the Term and Powers of Two Acts, passed in the Twenty ninth Year of His late Majesty, and the Seventh Year of His present Majesty, for making a Road from the East Side of the Parish of Saint Matthew, Bethnal Green, in the County of Middlesex, to the East End of Church Street, in the said Parish, and to open a Way into Shoreditch, and for keeping the same in Repair.
Ibid. vii. An Act for making and maintaining a Road from Hollinwood, in the Township of Chadderton, to Featherstall, in the Township of Hundersfield, in the County Palatine of Lancaster, and for making and maintaining several Branches of Road to communicate therewith.
viii. An Act for inclosing and draining certain Lands in the Parishes of Winterton, East Somerton, and West Somerton, in the County of Norfolk.
ix. An Act for inclosing Lands in the Parish of Simonburn, in the County of Northumberland. 273 x. An Act for inclosing Lands in the Parishes of Rothbury and Elsdon in the County of Northumberland. Ibid. xi. An Act for enabling the Company of Proprietors of the Canal Navigation from Manchester to or near Ashton under Lyne and Oldham more effectually to provide for the Discharge of their Debts, and to complete the said Canal, and the Cuts and Works thereto belonging.
Ibid. xii. An Act for enabling the Company of Proprietors of the Peak Forest Canal more effectually to provide for the Discharge of their Debts, and to complete the said Canal, and the Cut, Railways, or Stone Roads and other Works thereof. Ibid. xiii. An Act for inclosing Lands in the Parish of Middleton in Teesdale in the County of Durham. Ibid. xiv. An Act for more effectually repairing and improving the Road from a Place called Nightingales, in the Township of Heath Charnock to the Bridge at the West End of the Town of Bolton in the Moors, in the County Palantine of Lancaster, and other Roads therein mentioned. Ibid. xv. An Act for continuing the Term, and altering and enlarging the Powers, of Two Acts, passed in the Thirty first Year of His late Majesty, and the Ninth Year of His present Majesty, for amending the Road leading from Pengate to Latchett's Bridge, and other Roads therein described, in the County of Wilts, so far as the same relate to the First District of Road therein mentioned, and for amending other Roads near or adjoining to the said Roads.
Ibid. xvi. An Act for continuing the Term, and altering and enlarging the Powers of Two Acts passed in the Thirty fourth and Thirty seventh Years of His present Majesty, for making and repairing certain Roads in the Counties of Clackmannan and Perth; and for making and keeping in Repair several other Roads communicating therewith. Ibid. xvii. An Act for repealing Three Acts, passed in the Twentieth, Twenty second and Twenty sixth Years of the Reign of King George the Second, for repairing the Road from Stockton upon Tees to Darlington, and from thence to Barnardcastle, in the County of Durham; and for more effectually repairing the said Road. 274 xviii. An Act for vesting certain Estates, situate in the Counties of Essex and Surrey, devised by the Will of Sir William Burrell Baronet, deceased, in Trustees, upon Trust, to sell the same; and for laying out the Money arising from the Sale thereof in the Purchase of Estates in the County of Sussex, to be settled to the same Uses as the Estates so sold. Ibid. xix. An Act for inclosing Lands in the Parishes of Carlton, Chellington and Steventon, in the County of Bedford. Ibid. xx. An Act for inclosing Lands in the Township of Sale, in the Parish of Ashton upon Mersey, in the County Palatine of Chester.