« AnteriorContinuar »
in Neutral Vessels; and for indemnifying all Persons concerned in advising such Order, or granting or acting under such Licences. Page 76 34. An Act to permit the Importation of Goods and Commodities from Countries in America belonging to any Foreign European Sovereign or State in Neutral Ships, during the present War, until Six Months after the Ratification of a Definitive Treaty of Peace. Ibid.
35. An Act to continue, until the First Day of June One thou-
36. An Act to enable the East India Company to appoint the
38. An Act for allowing a certain Proportion of the Militia in
39. An Act to continue, until the Twenty ninth Day of September
Ibid. 44. An Act for repealing so much of an Act made in the Thirty fourth Year of His present Majesty, as exempts Slate, the Value whereof shall not exceed Twenty Shillings per Ton, brought Coastwise within Great Britain, from the Duty thereby granted.
45. An Act for making perpetual certain additional Duties of Excise on Wine imported into Great Britain, granted by Two Acts passed in the Forty third and Forty fourth Years of His present Majesty, and to allow a Drawback of the said Duties to Admirals, Captains and other Commissioned Officers, for Wine consumed on board His Majesty's Ships of War. Page 94 46. An Act to continue, until the End of the next Session of Parliament, and amend an Act, made in the Forty third Year of His present Majesty, for appointing Commissioners to enquire and examine into any Irregularities, Frauds or Abuses which are or have been practised by Persons employed in the several Naval Departments therein mentioned. 95
47. An Act to appoint Commissioners to inquire and examine into the Public Expenditure, and the Conduct of Public Business, in the Military Departments therein mentioned; and to report such Observations as shall occur to them for correcting or preventing any Abuses and Irregularities, and for the better conducting and managing the Business of the said Departments; to continue in force for Two Years, and from thence until the Expiration of Six Weeks after the Commencement of the then next Session of Parliament. Ibid. 28. An Act for appointing Commissioners for putting into Execution an Act of this Session of Parliament, for continuing and granting to His Majesty a Duty on Pensions, Offices and Personal Estates, in England, and certain Duties on Sugar, Malt, Tobacco and Snuff, in Great Britain, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and five; and an Act made in the Thirty eighth Year of His present Majesty, for granting an Aid to His Majesty by a Land Lax, to be raised in Great Britain, for the Service of the Year One thousand Seven hundred and ninety eight. 96
49. An Act to repeal certain Parts of an Act, made in the Forty third Year of His present Majesty, for granting Contribution on the Profits arising from Property, Professions, Trades and Offices; and to consolidate and render more effectual the Provisions for collecting the said Duties. Ibid.
50. An Act for regulating Licences for the Sale of Spirituous Liquors, Wine, Beer, Ale and Cyder, by Retail, and for discouraging the immoderate Use of Spirituous Liquors in Ireland.
51. An Act for granting to His Majesty certain additional Stamp Duties, for amending the Laws relating to the Stamp Duties, and for indemnifying Persons who have acted as Notaries Public without being duly licensed in Ireland.
52. An Act for the better Regulation of Licences to Persons in Ireland dealing in Exciseable Commodities, and engaged in the several Occupations therein mentioned. Ibid.
53. An Act for the Collection of the Malt Duties in Ireland, and regulating the Trade of a Maltster. Ibid.
54. An Act to amend an Act, made in the Ninth Year of King George the First, for amending the Laws relating to the Settlement, Employment and Relief of the Poor, so far as the same respects Contracts to be entered into for the Maintenance and Employment of the Poor.
55. An Act to amend an Act, made in the Twenty fifth Year of His present Majesty, for better examining and auditing the Public Accounts of this Kingdom, and for enabling the Commissioners, in certain Cases, to allow of Vouchers although not stamped according to Law. Page 144 56. An Act for further continuing, until the First Day of February One thousand eight hundred and nine, an Act, made in the Twenty seventh Year of His present Majesty, for enabling the Commissioners of the Treasury to let to Farm the Duties on Horses let to Hire for travelling Post, and by Time. 146 57. An Act to consolidate and extend the several Laws now in force, for allowing the Importation and Exportation of certain Goods and Merchandize into and from certain Ports in the West Indies. Ibid. 58. An Act to repeal an Act, made in the Twenty third Year of His present Majesty, for the better Regulation of the Office of Paymaster General of His Majesty's Forces, and the more regular Payment of the Army; and for the more effectually regulating the said Office. Ibid. 59. An Act for amending an Act, passed in the Parliament of Ireland in the Thirty fifth Year of His present Majesty, for regulating the Election of Members to serve in Parliament, so far as relates to Freeholds under the yearly Value of Twenty Pounds; and for making further and other Regulations relating
60. An Act for making Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers of the Militia in Great Britain, while disembodied.
61. An Act to revive and further continue, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and six, and amend so much of an Act, made in the Thirty ninth and Fortieth Years of His present Majesty, as grants certain Allowances to Adjutants and Serjeant Majors of the Militia of England, disembodied under an Act of the same Session of Parliament. Ibid. 62. An Act for defraying the Charge of the Pay and Cloathing of the Militia in Great Britain for the Year One thousand eight hundred and five. Ibid. 63. An Act for defraying, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and six, the Charge of the Pay and Cloathing of the Militia of Ireland, for holding Courts Martial on Serjeant Majors, Serjeants, Corporals and Drummers, for Offences committed during the Time such Militia shall not be embodied; and for making Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers of the said Militia during Peace. Ibid. 64. An Act to amend an Act made in the Forty first Year of His present Majesty, for granting Bounties for taking and bringing Fish to the Cities of London and Westminster, and other Places in the United Kingdom. 162
65. An Act to continue until the Twenty ninth Day of September One thousand eight hundred and six, and from thence until the End of the then next Session of Parliament, an Act made in the last Session of Parliament for appointing Commissioners to enquire into the Fees, Gratuities, Perquisities and Emoluments, which are or have been lately received in the several public
Offices in Ireland, therein mentioned; to examine into any Abuses which may exist in the same; and into the present Mode of receiving, collecting, issuing and accounting for public Money in Ireland. Page 163 66. An Act to prevent in Great Britain the illegally carrying away Bark; and for amending Two Acts, passed in the Sixth and Ninth Years of His present Majesty's Reign, for the Preservation of Timber Trees, Underwoods, Roots, Shrubs, Plants, Hollies, Thorns and Quicksets. 164 67. An Act for granting to His Majesty an additional Duty on Spanish Red Wine imported into Great Britain. 166
68. An Act for making perpetual and amending several Laws for encouraging the making of Sail Cloth in Great Britain, and securing the Duties on Foreign Sail Cloth imported; and for making perpetual several Laws for permitting the Exportation of a certain Quantity of Corn and Grain to Guernsey, Jersey and Alderney; and for regulating the Fees of Officers of the Customs, and of Naval Officers in the British Colonies in America, and of the Officers of the Customs in Newfoundland.
Ibid. 69. An Act for vesting in the Barrack Master General for the time being, Estates, held or occupied for the Barrack Service; and authorizing him to sell the same, with the Consent of the Lords Commissioners of His Majesty's Treasury. 169 70. An Act to rectify a Mistake in the Name of One of the Commissioners appointed by an Act, passed in the present Session of Parliament, for appointing Commissioners to enquire into the Public Expenditure, and the Conduct of Public Business, in the Military Departments therein mentioned.
71. An Act to amend the several Laws relating to the Duties under the Management of the Commissioners for the Affairs of Taxes. Ibid.
72. An Act for the Encouragement of Seamen, and for the better and more effectually Manning His Majesty's Navy during the present War.
172 73. An Act to enable the Commissioners of the Treasury to contract with certain Proprietors of Stock created by Two Acts, passed in the Thirty seventh and Forty second Years of His present Majesty, for granting other Annuities in lieu thereof, or to pay the same off at the Period herein mentioned. 173 74. An Act for granting to His Majesty a Sum of Money to be raised by Lotteries. 179
75. An Act to remove Doubts touching Appointments to certain Offices in the Court of Chancery made during the Vacancy of the Office of Register and Keeper of the Register and Registers in that Court.
76. An Act to amend an Act made in the Parliament of Ireland, for the Support of the Honour and Dignity of His Majesty's Crown in Ireland; and for granting to His Majesty a Civil List Establishment under certain Provisions and Regulations. Ibid. 77. An Act to amend and render more effectual an Act passed in the Forty second Year of His present Majesty's Reign, for consolidating the Provisions of the several Acts passed for the Redemption and Sale of the Land Tax into One Act. Ibid.
78. An Act to indemnify all Persons concerned in advancing Forty
82. An Act for repealing the Duty chargeable on Woollen Goods
83. An Act to continue the Operation of an Act, passed in the
84. An Act for making more effectual the gracious Intentions of
85. An Act for authorizing the Commissioners of His Majesty's
89. An Act to alter and extend the Provisions of the Laws now in